Reports To/Line Manager
Group CEO & Managing Director
Fluency in written and spoken English
Fluency in spoken French, Portuguese and official South African languages are beneficial
The incumbent has overall responsibility for and oversight of client delivery across multiple impact advisory projects. Well-versed and proven track record in all aspects of project management, our service offering, and fully able to lead project team. Active engagement in the business development strategy of AMSCO Greater Impact, contributing to ongoing client engagement and new relationship development to identify and convert business opportunities in sub-Saharan regions.
- Professional engagement and ongoing relationship development with existing, prospective clients, senior officials and stakeholders.
- Creating new services and methodologies in line with best practices.
- Co-ordination, oversight and delivery of projects across service offering and client industries, ensuring timely delivery and effective budget and resource management.
- Proactively address unanticipated challenges to project delivery, resolving them effectively in order to allow for smooth running and timely delivery on projects.
- Production and review of client reports as per client project scope and as required from time to time.
- Developing skills and competencies of project team members.
- Peer review to critique and improve the content produced by the consulting team, contributing to team learning and development and maintaining AMSCO Greater Impact quality standards and values.
- Independently research developments in tools and practice, in order to contribute to ongoing practice enhancements.
- Remain current with material developments affecting all advisory aspects of the organisation and ensure that requirements are adequately understood and met.
- Contribute to thought leadership through written and presentation material which includes presenting i.e. conferences and internal.
- Establish professional connections with regard to recognised and highly regarded sector experts where necessary to assist with client delivery.
- Identify and evaluate new markets for existing products, new products and other partnership opportunities to develop new and viable client relationships.
- Keep good records of all project and client information on the Business Management System and server and ensure all files, notes and recommendations are accurately recorded to enable all staff to follow a project audit trail.
- Perform other related duties as required by the line Manager and business.
- Managing and growing existing business.
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role:
- 8+ year’s relevant experience in socio-economic research and development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong existing professional relationships in South Africa and across Africa.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience in Budget Management.
Advanced degree (Masters level or equivalent) in the following areas:
- Development Economics; Development Finance; Development Studies; Economics; Finance; International Relations; Law; Politics; Monitoring and evaluation (Programme Evaluation)
- Extensive technical knowledge of social research methodologies, approaches and practices.
- Monitoring and evaluation systems and tool development.
- Organisational capacity assessments and risk assessments.
- Macroeconomic knowledge
- Knowledge of Business analysis tools
- Principles of financial and project management
- Strong management and people development skills
- High quality report writing skills
- Strategic planning
- Qualitative and quantitative skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Customer service orientation
- Effective listening and problem solving skills
- Efficiency and good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pro-active, self-starter orientation
- MS Office, especially excel, PowerPoint and word
- Project / research design and planning across the impact measurement value chain (mapping – design – assessment).
- Desk review – high quality sourcing, review, and analysis of literature-based information and data.
- Tool development and customization (qualitative and quantitative, though may have more experience and specialty in one over the other).
- Data collection, analysis, validation, triangulation and visualisation.
- Report-writing – reports may be packaged in a variety of formats from more traditional reports to blogs, opinion pieces etc.
- Innovation and creativity
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO ZANELE: email@example.com